08 May What is Micro-Needling?
What is Micro-Needling?
Also known as Collagen Induction Treatment or C.I.T – has been gaining a reputation for its ability to rejuvenate the skin. Celebrities such as Naomi Watts , Jennifer Aniston and the Kardashians, to name just a few, swear by it.
While professional salon skin care products are a must for healthy, youthful skin, it is important to realize that the aging process starts below the epidermis (the surface of the skin). Digital Micro-Needling reaches the deeper layers of the skin and into the dermis, this can have incredible positive effects on the outer most layers of the skin.
Micro-needling is a skin rejuvenation treatment that uses micro needles to puncture the skin stimulating the dermis to naturally produce growth factors. Growth factors in the skin induce collagen and elastin synthesis within the skin which are essential in keeping the dermis elastic and resilient thus firmer, wrinkle free and glowing, with maximum results and minimum down-time. It’s safe for nearly all skin types.
As our skin ages, the repair and rejuvenation mechanisms begin to decline naturally – this starts as early as age 25. The effect of this is the collagen density decreases in our skin, every year losing more and more causing our skin to lose its fullness and firmness.
The Benefits of Micro-Needling are:
• Reverse years of Sun damage and aging, improving superficial as well as deep wrinkles, minimizing pore size and induce skin tightening. (Especially noticeable along the jaw line and neck.)
• Stimulating collagen production which promotes rejuvenation and firming of the skin.
• Improves acne scars and treats Hyperpigmentation (brown spots and melasma)
• It may also improve stretch marks
• Minimal downtime
• Get enhanced benefits from professional salon home products as they will penetrate the skin more effectively.
• An Anti-Aging preventive treatment.
When will I see results?
Best results are seen with a series of at least 3 to 12 treatments, spaced 3 to 6 weeks apart depending on age and condition of the skin. The older and more damaged the skin the more treatments required.
• There is a continuous and progressive improvement overtime in overall skin smoothness and firmness and elasticity.
• The complexion becomes more even and brighter over time.
• These results are accelerated when combined with specific medical grade serums and active ingredients prescribed by the medical esthetician.
While noticeable results will occur in the first few weeks, the greatest results will be noticed over the next three to twelve months as stimulated collagen and elastin within the dermis continue to regenerate. Results are dependent on the individual, taking into consideration age, condition of the skin and home care regime.